+353 (0)86 836 3534
      

The Sickener

The Sickener

 

 

 

The Sickener – as its name implies, is inedible, though not as dangerous as sometimes described in older mushroom guides. The symptoms are mainly gastrointestinal in nature: nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, and abdominal cramps.  These symptoms typically begin half an hour to three hours after ingestion of the mushroom, and usually subside spontaneously, or shortly after the ingested material has been expelled from the intestinal tract.